I’m not saying this blog entry – from a friend of mine now living in Melbourne – is what set me off… but this morning I’m really missing home. I might also blame the bunch of photos I just found on my old mobile.
Compiling a list like this doesn’t help either.
These are not in order of “missability”. It’s just an arbitrary list reflecting my current mood:
- Sitting on the verandah at Bribie while the torrential Christmas rain assaults the garden
- Burying my face in the Doctor’s soft furry belly
- The sound of our old front gate clicking shut
- Cups of tea on a Sunday afternoon with not enough milk in them
- The noisy ducks, frogs, birds & possums around our old neighbourhood
- Complaining about the 320 bus schedule
- Playing my drums
- Chicken, honey & macadamia sausages from our local butcher
- Understanding subtle cultural references
- Having a backyard with a Hills Hoist
And of course I miss people too, but I think that goes without saying. Plus, it would have made my list far too long.