Although starting a new job can be
I’m thoroughly sick of
- trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up
- updating my resume
- writing job application
The new job I started today is the 6th position I’ve held in 4 years (not counting temporary 1-2 day jobs) and that makes me a little ashamed. But I have reasons. Reasons!
- In 2006 I left my telecommunications/projects job because I got a promotion working as an EA for a complete bastard-head
- In 2007 I had to leave the complete bastard-head because I realised he was a complete bastard-head
- In 2008 left my EA job at DPI to go to Vancouver for a year
- In 2009 left my EA job in Vancouver to come back to Brisbane
- In late 2009 I switched jobs internally at DET because I was asked to, and
- In 2010 I switched jobs internally at DET because I wanted to be challenged
And damnit, now I’m being challenged. Plus I’m stuck in that horrid phase of asking hundreds of questions a day, learning from my mistakes, stumbling through phone calls while my brain catches up and all those other necessary evils that comes with a new job. It’s exhausting but I’m sort of getting used to it. I started in Registration close to a year ago so I suppose I was due for a change.
But on the plus side, today I heard my boss say “… or write the name of whomever sent the email”.
I stopped her to ask if she’d just said “whomever” and then grinned maniacally when she said yes.
I think I might like my new boss.